Welcome to Delray Beach, South Floridaâ€™s charming ‘Village by the Sea.’Â The DELRAY BEACH ITF hosted by the City of Delray Beach, is organized by Players International Management (PIM), the staff that hosts the Delray Beach Open, the worldâ€™s only combined 10-day ATP World Tour Event and ATP Champions Tour Event.
The Delray Beach ITF, held May 2 – 9, 2015, consists of over 200 statewide, national, and international Boys’ & Girls’ 18-and-under players (incl. qualifying and main draw ). Tournament details are listed below. Feel free to call 1-561-330-6003 or email ibaron@YellowTennisBall.com if you have any questions – Good Luck!
- Match Schedule/Times: 2015 Information coming soon.
- 2015 Draws (Main Draw): Click here (updated soon) for Boys and Girls Singles & Doubles Draws.
- Mark Baron, Tournament Director
- Ivan Baron, Tournament Chairman
- John Butler, Director of Site Operations & Site Director
- Danielle Kenney, Player Relations & Site Director
- Adam Baron, Site Director
- Marlena Hall, Site Director
- Karol & Cecil Wise, Tournament Referees, 561-350-8868
- City of Delray Beach (Host City) is a beach loverâ€™s destination with one of Americaâ€™s most beautiful seashores and we hope youâ€™ll have some time to take a stroll along the warm surf. We invite you to take a leisurely walk along Atlantic Avenue, enjoy the galleries, boutiques and gourmet restaurants. Click for things to do in Delray Beach.
- Prince Global Sports (Official Racket, String and Grip of the Championships) is a leading court sports company with a focused commitment to research and development and game-changing product innovations. The company is widely recognized as being the first to market with may of the most relevant technologies of the past 40 years. Oversize and Longbody technology, the first multifilament string, the first “Natural Foot Shape” tennis shoe and EXO3 technology, are a few of the contributions Prince has made to the sport. Today, the Company engineers products in all tennis categories including Racquets, Footwear, Tennis Balls, Strings, Grips, Bags, machines and Accessories. The portfolio of brands within Prince Global Sports includes Prince, Ektelon and Viking. Prince Global Sports is a wholly owned subsidiary of Active Brands Company with offices in New Jersey, London, France, Holland and Taiwan. Learn more information at www.PrinceTennis.com
- Palm Beach Sports Commission is a private, not-for-profit organization contracted by Palm Beach County to promote and market the County as a sports tourism destination. The Commission brings sporting events and activities to the County, enhances economic impact, stimulates bed tax revenues (with a focus on the off-season), and maximizes utilization of County facilities.
- IMPACT Sports Performance is an 11,500 square-foot state-of-the-art training facility in Boca Raton, FL.Â We train athletes in all sports from the professional, collegiate and high school level using our exercise science-based protocols.Â See our facility and program descriptions. 561.241.4903 www.IMPACTSportsPerformance.org
- Tournament Office: 1-561-330-6003
- Acceptance list – 2015: Click here (coming soon)
- Divisions: Boys & Girls 18 & Under
- Qualifying Singles: May 2 – 3 / 64 Players
- Main Draw Singles: May 4 – 9 / 64 Players
- Doubles: Girls: May 4 – 8/ 32 Teams…Â Boys: May 5 – 9 / 32 Teams
- Enter: Players must register through their ITF IPIN number. If you do not have an ITF IPIN, you can register for one at www.itftennis.com/ipin . Only players with IPIN numbers are eligible to play in the event .
- Entry Fee: All players must submit $50 ( USD CASH ONLY ) at Sign-in
- Surface: Clay
- Location: Delray Beach, Florida
- Grade: Grade 4
- Tournament Ball: Wilson
- ITF Singles Points: Winner (40), Runner-Up (30), Semifinals (20), Quarterfinals (15), 2nd round (10), 1st round (0)
- ITF Doubles Points: Winner (30), Runner-Up (20), Semifinals (15), Quarterfinals (10), 1st round (0)
- Match Format: All singles matches (qualifying and main draw) are the best of three tiebreak sets.Â Doubles is the best of three tiebreak sets with a match tiebreak (10 point) in lieu of the third set.Â Scoring in doubles is no-ad. No consolation in singles and doubles. Draw format – No 3/4 playoff
- Wildcard Application: Click here for information about the Wildcards. Click here for the application (must be filled out within five days of the event deadline)
- Withdrawal Information: Click here
- Forms: All players must submit consent forms and the player contact form at registration or they will be unable to participate in the event!Â All forms will be available at Registration
- Athletic Trainers: Services will be available throughout the week (complete schedule available in the Playersâ€™ Handbook and posted at each match site). If you have specific injury needs or any questions related to sports medicine that you would like to address prior to or during the tournament, please feel free to contact IMPACT Sports Performance (Richard Woodroof) directly via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 561-241-4903. We look forward to working with you and good luck!
- Stringing: Check with Tournament Desk for multiple options.
- Weather: It is normally warm in S. Florida in May. Please remember to drink plenty of fluids before, during and after matches. Suggestion: Bring a cooler filled with ice water and a hand towel, use the towel to cool your head, neck, etc during play.
EVENT SCHEDULE & SIGN-IN
Singles Qualifying, Main Draw and Doubles Sign-In held at the Delray Swim & Tennis Club. 2350 Jaeger Drive, Delray Beach, 33444.Â Directions: I-95 to Linton Blvd, head east 3/4 mile, turn right on SW 10th Ave., go to stop sign & go left (Lindell), go 2 full blocks to roundabout and go left on Dotterel, go 1 block to Jaeger Drive and make left. Clubhouse on the left.
*When signing in for Qualifying or Main Draw, all players must have their ipin # and bring $50 for their entry fee (cash only).
- Fri., May 1: Qualifying Sign-in, (Noon – 6pm)
- Sat., May 2: 1st & 2nd round Singles Qualifying
- Sun., May 3: Final Rd Singles Qualifying, Main Draw Sign-in (Noon – 6pm) / Doubles Sign-in (Opens @ Noon)
- Mon., May 4: 1st Rd Singles Main Draw, Doubles Sign-in (Closes @ Noon), 1st Rd Doubles (Girls)
- Tues., May 5 : 2nd Rd Singles, 1st Rd Doubles (Boys), 2nd Rd Doubles (Girls)
- Wed., May 6: 3rd Rd Singles, 2nd Rd Doubles (Boys), Quarterfinals Doubles (Girls)
- Thurs., May 7: Quarterfinals Singles, Quarterfinals Doubles (Boys), Semifinals Doubles (Girls)
- Fri., May 8: Semifinals Singles, Semifinals Doubles (Boys), Finals Doubles (Girls)
- Sat., May 9: Finals Singles, Finals Doubles (Boys)
MATCH SITE, PRACTICE COURTS, CLINICS
- Check-in at the site that you compete at. Please only call the main tournament number (561-330-6003) for match and tournament related inquiries – tournament sites should not be called for anything related to match information.
- Clay Court Clinic: Sun., May 3 (1 – 2:30pm) at the Delray Beach Tennis Center (201 West Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach). Limited availability. To reserve a spot, call 561-243-7360 and ask for the ‘ITF Clay Court Clinic’ or emailÂ Alantolic@gmail.com. $40 per person
DELRAY SWIM & TENNIS CLUB ( DS ) – Match Site & Practice Courts
- 2350 Jaeger Drive, Delray Beach, 33444
- Directions : I-95 to Linton Blvd, head east 3/4 mile, turn right on SW 10th Ave., go to stop sign & take a left (Lindell), go 2 full blocks to roundabout and go left on Dotterel, go 1 block to Jaeger Drive, make left. Clubhouse on the left.
- To reserve practice courts before Sat., May 2, call 561-243-7058. Beginning Sat., May 2, courts may not be reserved, courts are first-come-first serve. Below is the practice court schedule. Call the tournament office (1-561-330-6003) if you have any questions.
- Practice Courts (during event; CLAY COURTS): Saturday (16 cts: 7-8am; 3 cts: 8am – 7pm), Sunday (10 cts: 7:15-9am; 2 cts 9am – 1pm; 7 crts: 1-6pm) , Monday & Tuesday (16 cts: 7-8am; 3 cts: 8am – 7:30pm), Wednesday & Thursday (10 cts: 7-9am; 2 cts: 9am – 7pm), Friday & Saturday (8+ cts: 7 – 9am, 3+ 9am – dark)
DELRAY BEACH TENNIS CENTER ( DB ) – Alternate Site & Practice Courts
- 201 W. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach, 33444
- Directions: I-95 to Atlantic Ave., head east, club 1 mile on the left
- Practice Courts – Friday, May 2 (evening only): Call 561-243-7360 to reserve lit courts, based on availability and minimal fee for courts/lights.
- Practice Courts (CLAY COURTS): Beginning Saturday, May 3. All courts are 1st-come, 1st-serve, players may not call and reserve courts (no court fee). Saturday (8 cts: Noon – 12:45pm; 2 cts: 12:45-6pm), Sunday – Saturday (no practice cts)
- Practice Courts (HARD COURTS). Beginning Saturday, May 3. Call 561-243-7360 for availability.
TRAVEL, EVENT HOTELS & RENTAL CAR DISCOUNTS
- Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Airports are approximately 35 minutes away from Delray Beach (pending traffic).
- The event has secured a limited number of discounted hotel rooms for event participants. Please make all reservations as soon as possible. NOTE: All hotels are approximately 5 – 15 minutes from tournament sites.
OFFICIAL RENTAL CAR:
Â OFFICIAL RENTAL CAR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car. CallÂ 1-954-354-5120Â and mention rate code “ITF-41WT054″ pin “DEL” for discounted rates.
Please make all reservations AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as the hotels have limited rooms at the special touranment rate. All hotels are approximately 5-15 minutes from the tournament sites
SPRINGHILL SUITESÂ &Â TOWNEPLACE SUITES BOCA RATON
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton (5130 NW 8th Avenue Boca Raton, FL 33487Â â€˘Â 561.994.2107). TownePlace Suites by Marriott Boca Raton (5110 Northwest 8th Avenue Boca Raton, FL 33487Â â€˘Â 561.994.7232).
Rates starting at $92Â Reservations:Â CLICK HERE Welcome to the Marriott Springhill Suites Boca Raton hotel & TownePlace Boca Raton, your ideal choice for Boca Raton hotels. The Marriott Springhill Suites Boca Raton hotel & TownePlace Suites are Boca Ratonâ€™s newest all suite hotels, featuring a fabulous location just minutes from Office Depot and Siemens. The Springhill Suites & TownePlace Suites Raton are also conveniently located near Mizner Park, Boca Towne Center, Patch Reef Park and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as well as businesses such as Oce Printing, Tyco/Sensormatic, IBM, American Media, Lynn University, and FAU. The quality you expect from Marriott coupled with a price that will surprise you, gives you the gem of Boca Raton hotels.
1950 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431 â€˘ 561.368.5200. Rates start at $89. To make your reservation: Click Here. Please refer to the Delray Beach ITF group when contacting the central reservations or if needed on the website use Group Code: 05016745DE.
This special tournament offer rates beginning at $89Â for a One King or Two Double bed(s); $99 for Pool View, One King or Two Double bed(s) accommodation or choose the Suite with a private balcony overlooking our lush courtyard and pool at only $129. The Wyndham Boca Hotel is a full service hotel in the heart of Boca Raton, with 184 comfortable guest rooms and suites offering private balconies, complimentary Wi-Fi, Parking, and 24-7 Fitness & Business Lounge, pillow top mattresses, and flat screen HD TVs. The hotel is adjacent to world class shopping and dining. During your stay enjoy a yoga class at Yoga Journey Studio. Relax at TrendTea CafĂ© featuring gourmet loose leaf tea and coffee. Absorb the Florida weather in our beautiful pool and tropical courtyard. Located at the hotel is the acclaimed Farmerâ€™s Table Restaurant and CafĂ©, offering a healthy and delicious menu. Dine outdoors in our Garden Terrace. To begin your experience please reserve your stay by booking online; calling Wyndham Reservations at 1-877-999-3223 or contact the hotel directly at 1-561-368-5200. Thank you.