Welcome to Delray Beach, South Florida’s charming ‘Village by the Sea.’ The DELRAY BEACH ITF hosted by the City of Delray Beach, is organized by Players International Management (PIM), the staff that hosts the Delray Beach Open, the world’s only combined 10-day ATP World Tour Event and ATP Champions Tour Event.
The Delray Beach ITF, held April 30 – May 7, 2016, consists of over 200 statewide, national, and international Boys’ & Girls’ 18-and-under players (incl. qualifying and main draw ). Tournament details are listed below. Feel free to call 1-561-330-6003 or email ibaron@YellowTennisBall.com if you have any questions – Good Luck! Click for draws.
- Boys Qualifying Singles, Boys Main Draw Singles, Boys Doubles
- Girls Qualifying Singles, Girls Main Draw Singles, Girls Doubles
- Mark Baron, Tournament Director
- Ivan Baron, Tournament Chairman
- John Butler, Director of Site Operations & Site Director
- Danielle Kenney, Player Relations & Site Director
- Adam Baron, Site Director
- Karol & Cecil Wise, Tournament Referees, 561-350-8868
- City of Delray Beach (Host City) is a beach lover’s destination with one of America’s most beautiful seashores and we hope you’ll have some time to take a stroll along the warm surf. We invite you to take a leisurely walk along Atlantic Avenue, enjoy the galleries, boutiques and gourmet restaurants. Click for things to do in Delray Beach.
- Palm Beach Sports Commission is a private, not-for-profit organization contracted by Palm Beach County to promote and market the County as a sports tourism destination. The Commission brings sporting events and activities to the County, enhances economic impact, stimulates bed tax revenues (with a focus on the off-season), and maximizes utilization of County facilities.
- IMPACT Sports Performance is an 11,500 square-foot state-of-the-art training facility in Boca Raton, FL. We train athletes in all sports from the professional, collegiate and high school level using our exercise science-based protocols. See our facility and program descriptions. 561.241.4903 http://www.impactnextlevel.com/
- Tournament Office: 1-561-330-6003
- Acceptance list: Click here
- Divisions: Boys & Girls 18 & Under
- Qualifying Singles: April 30 – May 1, 2016 / 64 Players
- Main Draw Singles: May 2 – 7, 2016 / 64 Players
- Doubles: Girls: May 2 – 6, 2016/ 32 Teams… Boys: May 3 – 7, 2016 / 32 Teams
- Enter: Players must register through their ITF IPIN number. If you do not have an ITF IPIN, you can register for one at www.itftennis.com/ipin . Only players with IPIN numbers are eligible to play in the event .
- What to Bring to Sign-in (Qualifying and Main Draw): All players have their ipin #, submit $50 ( USD CASH ONLY ) for the entry fee, and bring an official photo ID (color)(ie passport) in order to Sign-in
- Surface: Clay
- Location: Delray Beach, Florida
- Grade: Grade 4
- Tournament Ball: Wilson
- ITF Singles Points: Winner (40), Runner-Up (30), Semifinals (20), Quarterfinals (15), 2nd round (10), 1st round (0)
- ITF Doubles Points: Winner (30), Runner-Up (20), Semifinals (15), Quarterfinals (10), 1st round (0)
- Match Format: All singles matches (qualifying and main draw) are the best of three tiebreak sets (with ad-scoring)…Doubles is the best of three tiebreak sets with a match tiebreak (10 point) in lieu of the third set… Scoring in doubles is no-ad. No consolation in singles and doubles. No 3/4 playoff.
- Wildcard Application: Click here for information about the Wildcards. Click here for the application (must be filled out within five days of the event deadline)
- Withdrawal Information: Click here
- Forms: All players must submit consent forms and the player contact form at registration or they will be unable to participate in the event! All forms will be available at Registration but should you wish to fill out early and bring to registration, they can be found here: Medical Release & PIM Contact Form
- Athletic Trainers: Services will be available throughout the week at the Delray Swim & Tennis Club. If you have specific injury needs or any questions related to sports medicine that you would like to address prior to or during the tournament, please feel free to contact IMPACT Sports Performance (Richard Woodroof) directly via email, email@example.com, or call 561-241-4903. We look forward to working with you and good luck!
- Stringing: Check with Tournament Desk for multiple options.
- Weather: It is normally warm in S. Florida in May. Please remember to drink plenty of fluids before, during and after matches. Suggestion: Bring a cooler filled with ice water and a hand towel, use the towel to cool your head, neck, etc during play.
EVENT SCHEDULE & SIGN-IN
Singles Qualifying, Main Draw and Doubles Sign-In held at the Delray Swim & Tennis Club. 2350 Jaeger Drive, Delray Beach, 33444. Directions: I-95 to Linton Blvd, head east 3/4 mile, turn right on SW 10th Ave., go to stop sign & go left (Lindell), go 2 full blocks to roundabout and go left on Dotterel, go 1 block to Jaeger Drive and make left. Clubhouse on the left.
*When signing in for Qualifying or Main Draw, all players must have their ipin # and bring $50 for their entry fee (cash only).
- Fri., April 29: Qualifying Sign-in, (Noon – 6pm)
- Sat., April 30: 1st & 2nd round Singles Qualifying
- Sun., May 1: Final Rd Singles Qualifying, Main Draw Sign-in (Noon – 6pm) / Doubles Sign-in (Opens @ Noon)
- Mon., May 2: 1st Rd Singles Main Draw, Doubles Sign-in (Closes @ Noon), 1st Rd Doubles (Boys & Girls)
- Tues., May 3: 2nd Rd Singles, 2nd Rd Doubles
- Wed., May 4: 3rd Rd Singles, Quarterfinals Doubles
- Thurs., May 5: Quarterfinals Singles, Semifinals Doubles
- Fri., May 6: Semifinals Singles, Finals Doubles
- Sat., May 7: Finals Singles
MATCH SITE, PRACTICE COURTS, CLINICS
- Check-in at the site that you compete at. Please only call the main tournament number (561-330-6003) for match and tournament related inquiries – tournament sites should not be called for anything related to match information.
- HITTING LESSONS:
- Delray Beach Tennis Center (201 West Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach). Limited availability. For information, call 561-243-7360.
- Boca Raton Resort & Club High Performance Tennis Academy run by Jose Caballero & Bobby Bernstein, specializing in high performance training for junior players. 501 East Camino Real, Boca Raton, Florida, 33432. Call (561) 227-9588 for hitting lessons pre-event, during or post-event.
DELRAY SWIM & TENNIS CLUB (DS) – Match Site & Practice Courts
- 2350 Jaeger Drive, Delray Beach, 33444
- Directions : I-95 to Linton Blvd, head east 3/4 mile, turn right on SW 10th Ave., go to stop sign & take a left (Lindell), go 2 full blocks to roundabout and go left on Dotterel, go 1 block to Jaeger Drive, make left. Clubhouse on the left.
- To reserve practice courts before Sat., April 30, call 561-243-7058. Beginning Sat., April 30, courts may not be reserved, courts are first-come-first serve. Below is the practice court schedule. Call the tournament office (1-561-330-6003) if you have any questions.
- Practice Courts (during event; CLAY COURTS): Saturday (16 cts: 7-8am; 3 cts: 8am – 7pm), Sunday (10 cts: 7:15-9am; 2 cts 9am – 1pm; 7 crts: 1-6pm) , Monday & Tuesday (16 cts: 7-8am; 3 cts: 8am – 7:30pm), Wednesday & Thursday (10 cts: 7-9am; 2 cts: 9am – 7pm), Friday & Saturday (8+ cts: 7 – 9am, 3+ 9am – dark)
DELRAY BEACH TENNIS CENTER ( DB ) – Alternate Site & Practice Courts
- 201 W. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach, 33444
- Directions: I-95 to Atlantic Ave., head east, club 1 mile on the left
- Practice Courts – Friday, May 1 (evening only): Call 561-243-7360 to reserve lit courts, based on availability and minimal fee for courts/lights.
- Practice Courts (CLAY COURTS): Beginning Saturday, April 30. All courts are 1st-come, 1st-serve, players may not call and reserve courts (no court fee). Saturday (8 cts: Noon – 12:45pm; 2 cts: 12:45-6pm), Sunday – Saturday (no practice cts)
- Practice Courts (HARD COURTS). Beginning Saturday, April 30. Call 561-243-7360 for availability.
TRAVEL, EVENT HOTELS & RENTAL CAR DISCOUNTS
- Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Airports are approximately 35 minutes away from Delray Beach (pending traffic).
- The event has secured a limited number of discounted hotel rooms for event participants. Please make all reservations as soon as possible. NOTE: All hotels are approximately 5 – 15 minutes from tournament sites.
- OFFICIAL RENTAL CAR: Hertz Car Rental. For discounts, call 800-654-3131 or click here and mention CDP# 1880590.
Please make all reservations AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as the hotels have limited rooms at the special tournament rate. All hotels are approximately 5-15 minutes from the tournament sites
SPRINGHILL SUITES & TOWNEPLACE SUITES BOCA RATON
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton (5130 NW 8th Avenue Boca Raton, FL 33487 • 561.994.2107). TownePlace Suites by Marriott Boca Raton (5110 Northwest 8th Avenue Boca Raton, FL 33487 • 561.994.7232).
Rates starting at $87 (reserve by April 24. Reservations: CLICK HERE. Welcome to the Marriott Springhill Suites Boca Raton hotel & TownePlace Boca Raton, your ideal choice for Boca Raton hotels. The Marriott Springhill Suites Boca Raton hotel & TownePlace Suites are Boca Raton’s newest all suite hotels, featuring a fabulous location just minutes from Office Depot and Siemens. The Springhill Suites & TownePlace Suites Raton are also conveniently located near Mizner Park, Boca Towne Center, Patch Reef Park and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as well as businesses such as Oce Printing, Tyco/Sensormatic, IBM, American Media, Lynn University, and FAU. The quality you expect from Marriott coupled with a price that will surprise you, gives you the gem of Boca Raton hotels.
1950 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431 • 561.368.5200. Rates start at $99. To make your reservation: Click Here. Please refer to the Delray Beach ITF group when contacting the central reservations or if needed on the website use Group Code: 04296745DE.
This special tournament offer rates beginning at $99 for a One King or Two Double bed(s); $109 for Pool View, One King or Two Double bed(s) accommodation or choose the Suite with a private balcony overlooking our lush courtyard and pool at only $149.
The Wyndham Hotel is a full service hotel in the heart of Boca Raton, adjacent to world class shopping and dining. It is the only area hotel that emphasizes health and wellness property-wide. We offer healthy dining options, yoga classes, 24 Hour Fitness room, a gourmet tea and coffee lounge, and a tropical courtyard where you can relax in the Florida sun and swim in our salt-water pool. All 183 comfortable guest rooms and suites are newly renovated and offer private balconies and pillow top mattresses.
Located at the hotel is the highly acclaimed Farmer’s Table restaurant featuring delicious and healthy gourmet cuisine. We feature an extensive menu, offering grass-fed beef, sustainable seafood, and free-range chicken, with vegan and gluten-free options. Farmer’s Table is the winner of Sun Sentinel’s Best Farm-to-Table Restaurant 2014, and Open Table’s 2014 Fit for Foodies and Most Booked Restaurant. We are open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
We look forward to your visit! Reserve your stay by booking online at Wyndham.com; call Wyndham Reservations at 1-877-999-3223 or call the hotel directly at 1-561-368-5200.
661 NW 53rd Street, Boca Raton, FL 33487. 561.994.8200. Tournament Rate: $ 119, click for reservations. We are pleased to welcome guests and participants of this prestigious event! Newly renovated, and updated in 2014, with your comfort and convenience in mind. All-two room suites, with room for up to 6 in a two bed room with pull out sofa. Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily. Complimentary Evening reception nightly 5:30-7:30pm (Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age). Complimentary transportation within 3 miles of hotel. Website.
910 West Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444
Rates starting at ____. To make your reservation: Click Here.
The brand new Delray Beach Fairfield Inn & Suites is located only 0.4 miles from the Delray Beach Stadium & Tennis Center. Our hotel offers a complimentary hot buffet breakfast daily as well as complimentary wireless internet to all of our guests. There is on-site guest laundry and a spacious 24 hour fitness center.
Our beautiful hotel is located only 1.5 miles from the beach and 0.5 miles from downtown. We are only minutes away from all of the wonderful restaurants and shops that this beautiful city has to offer.