Welcome to Delray Beach, South Florida’s charming ‘Village by the Sea.’ Players’ International Management, the sister company of the Delray Beach ITC (world’s only combined ATP World Tour and ATP Champions Tour event), is proud to host the Delray Beach ITF , held May 11 – 18, 2013, and consisting of over 200 statewide, national, and international Boys’ & Girls’ 18-and-under players (includes qualifying and main draw ).
Tournament details are listed below. Feel free to call 1-561-330-6003 or email ibaron@YellowTennisBall.com if you have any questions – Good Luck!
- Mark Baron, Tournament Director
- Ivan Baron, Tournament Chairman
- John Butler, Director of Site Operations & Site Director
- Bryan McConnell, Results/Scores & Site Director
- Danielle Kenney, Player Relations & Site Director
- Marlena Hall, Media & Site Director
- Adam Baron, Site Director
- Karol & Cecil Wise, Tournament Referees, 561-350-8868
- City of Delray Beach (Host City) is a beach lover’s destination with one of America’s most beautiful seashores and we hope you’ll have some time to take a stroll along the warm surf. We invite you to take a leisurely walk along Atlantic Avenue, enjoy the galleries, boutiques and gourmet restaurants. Click for things to do in Delray Beach.
- Prince Global Sports (Official Racket, String and Grip of the Championships) is a leading court sports company with a focused commitment to research and development and game-changing product innovations. The company is widely recognized as being the first to market with may of the most relevant technologies of the past 40 years. Oversize and Longbody technology, the first multifilament string, the first “Natural Foot Shape” tennis shoe and EXO3 technology, are a few of the contributions Prince has made to the sport. Today, the Company engineers products in all tennis categories including Racquets, Footwear, Tennis Balls, Strings, Grips, Bags, machines and Accessories. The portfolio of brands within Prince Global Sports includes Prince, Ektelon and Viking. Prince Global Sports is a wholly owned subsidiary of Active Brands Company with offices in New Jersey, London, France, Holland and Taiwan. Learn more information at www.PrinceTennis.com
- Palm Beach Sports Commission is a private, not-for-profit organization contracted by Palm Beach County to promote and market the County as a sports tourism destination. The Commission brings sporting events and activities to the County, enhances economic impact, stimulates bed tax revenues (with a focus on the off-season), and maximizes utilization of County facilities.
- The Surgery Center at Doral. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every patient by providing first class healthcare with the highest standards in medicine. Specializing in International Sports Medicine & Surgical Procedures.
- Click for draws, results and match times
- Acceptance list – 2013
- Divisions: Boys & Girls 18 & Under
- Qualifying : May 11 – 12 / 64 Players
- Main Draw : May 13 – 18 / 64 Players
- Girls Doubles: Girls: May 13 – 17/ 32 Teams Boys: May 14 – 18 / 32 Teams
- Enter: Players must register through their ITF IPIN number. If you do not have an ITF IPIN, you can register for one at www.itftennis.com/ipin . Only players with IPIN numbers are eligible to play in the event .
- Entry Fee: All players must submit $50 ( USD CASH ONLY ) at Sign-in
- Surface: Clay
- Location: Delray Beach, Florida
- Grade: Grade 4
- Tournament Ball: Wilson
- ITF Singles Points: Winner (40), Runner-Up (30), Semifinals (20), Quarterfinals (15), 2nd round (10), 1st round (0)
- ITF Doubles Points: Winner (30), Runner-Up (20), Semifinals (15), Quarterfinals (10), 1st round (0)
- Match Format: All singles matches (qualifying and main draw) are the best of three tiebreak sets. Doubles is the best of three tiebreak sets with a match tiebreak (10 point) in lieu of the third set. Scoring in doubles is no-ad. No consolation in singles and doubles. Draw format – No 3/4 playoff
- Wildcard Application: Click here (must be filled out five days after the event deadline)
- Withdrawal Information: Click here
- Forms: All players must submit consent forms and the player contact form at registration or they will be unable to participate in the event! All forms will be available at Registration
- Tournament Office: 1-561-330-6003
EVENT SCHEDULE & SIGN-IN
Singles Qualifying, Main Draw and Doubles Sign-In held at the Delray Swim & Tennis Club. 2350 Jaeger Drive, Delray Beach, 33444. Directions: I-95 to Linton Blvd, head east 3/4 mile, turn right on SW 10th Ave., go to stop sign & go left (Lindell), go 2 full blocks to roundabout and go left on Dotterel, go 1 block to Jaeger Drive and make left. Clubhouse on the left
- Fri., May 10: Qualifying Sign-in, (Noon – 6pm )
- Sat., May 11: 1st & 2nd round Singles Qualifying
- Sun., May 12: Final Rd Singles Qualifying, Main Draw Sign-in (Noon – 6pm) / Doubles Sign-in (Opens @ Noon)
- Mon., May 13: 1st Rd Singles Main Draw, Doubles Sign-in (Closes @ Noon), 1st Rd Doubles (Girls)
- Tues., May 14 : 2nd Rd Singles, 1st Rd Doubles (Boys), 2nd Rd Doubles (Girls)
- Wed., May 15: 3rd Rd Singles, 2nd Rd Doubles (Boys), Quarterfinals Doubles (Girls)
- Thurs., May 16: Quarterfinals Singles, Quarterfinals Doubles (Boys), Semifinals Doubles (Girls)
- Fri., May 17: Semifinals Singles, Semifinals Doubles (Boys), Finals Doubles (Girls)
- Sat., May 18: Finals Singles, Finals Doubles (Boys)
MATCH SITE & PRACTICE COURTS
Check-in at the site that you compete at. Please only call the main tournament number (561-330-6003) for match and tournament related inquiries – tournament sites should not be called for anything related to match information.
DELRAY SWIM & TENNIS CLUB ( DS ) – Match Site + Practice Courts
- 2350 Jaeger Drive, Delray Beach, 33444
- Directions : I-95 to Linton Blvd, head east 3/4 mile, turn right on SW 10th Ave., go to stop sign & take a left (Lindell), go 2 full blocks to roundabout and go left on Dotterel, go 1 block to Jaeger Drive, make left. Clubhouse on the left.
- To reserve practice courts before Sat., May 11th, call 561-243-7058. Beginning Sat., May 11, courts may not be reserved, courts are first-come-first serve. Below is the practice court schedule. Call the tournament office (1-561-330-6003) if you have any questions.
- Practice Courts: Saturday (16 cts: 7-8am; 3 cts: 8am – 7pm), Sunday (10 cts: 7:15-9am; 2 cts 9am – 1pm; 7 crts: 1-6pm) , Monday & Tuesday (16 cts: 7-8am; 3 cts: 8am – 7:30pm), Wednesday & Thursday (10 cts: 7-9am; 2 cts: 9am – 7pm), Friday & Saturday (8+ cts: 7 – 9am, 3+ 9am – dark)
DELRAY BEACH TENNIS CENTER ( DB ) – Practice Courts
- 201 W. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach, 33444
- Directions : I-95 to Atlantic Ave., head east, club 1 mile on the left
- Practice Courts – Friday, May 10 (evening only): Call 561-243-7360 to reserve lit courts, based on availability and minimal fee for courts/lights
- Practice Courts – Beginning Saturday, May 11. All courts are 1st-come, 1st-serve, players may not call and reserve courts (no court fee). Saturday (8 cts: Noon – 12:45pm; 2 cts: 12:45-6pm), Sunday – Saturday (no practice cts)
BOYNTON BEACH TENNIS CENTER – Practice Courts
- 561-742-6575, 3111 S. Congress Ave. Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- Directions: From I-95 Exit Woolbright. Head West to Congress. Turn left(going South) on Congress. Tennis club on the corner of Congress and SW 30th (on right)
- Must call to reserve courts as availability is based around member bookings. Check-in with pro shop before going to courts – all courts are $8 pp for 1.5 hours. Saturday, May 11 & Sunday, May 12 (8am – 1pm); Monday, May 13 – Friday, May 17 (8am – 4pm)
HOST SPONSOR: The City of Delray Beach is honored to host this premier event and we look forwarding to welcoming you to South Florida.
STRINGING: Check with site director for multiple options.
AIRPORTS, DISCOUNT TRAVEL& HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS : The site is approximately 25 minutes south of West Palm Beach Airport, 30 minutes north of Ft. Lauderdale Airport, and 1 hour north of Miami Airport. Please make all reservations as soon as possible as discount rooms are limited. NOTE: All hotels are approximately 5 – 15 minutes from tournament site.
OFFICIAL RENTAL CAR :
Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Call 1-954-354-5120 and mention rate code 41WT076 . Rates starting at $42 per day .
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
104 NE 2nd Avenue Delray Beach, FL 33444, USA 561.330.3530
Rates Start at $119
Located in the heart of the Pineapple Grove Arts District and two short blocks from the Delray Beach Tennis Center, Hyatt Place Delray Beach is in the ideal location for players and spectators. Close enough to stroll to Atlantic Avenue and the beach and just a mile away to jump on the 95 for a quick trip to Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach. Rates include the a.m. kitchen skillet, wireless internet and parking for hotel guests here with the tournament. 561.330.3530.
SpringHIll Suites by Marriott Boca Raton
5130 NW 8th Avenue Boca Raton, FL 33487 • 561.994.2107
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Boca Raton
5110 Northwest 8th Avenue Boca Raton, FL 33487 • 561.994.7232
Rates starting at $79
Welcome to the Marriott Springhill Suites Boca Raton hotel & TownePlace Boca Raton, your ideal choice for Boca Raton hotels. The Marriott Springhill Suites Boca Raton hotel & TownePlace Suites are Boca Raton’s newest all suite hotels, featuring a fabulous location just minutes from Office Depot and Siemens. The Springhill Suites & TownePlace Suites Raton are also conveniently located near Mizner Park, Boca Towne Center, Patch Reef Park and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as well as businesses such as Oce Printing, Tyco/Sensormatic, IBM, American Media, Lynn University, and FAU. The quality you expect from Marriott coupled with a price that will surprise you, gives you the gem of Boca Raton hotels.
WYNDHAM BOCA RATON
561-368-5200. 1950 Glades Rd. Wyndham Way, Boca Raton, FL 33431.
To make reservations, click Book Now below and enter dates you wish to stay and Group Code: 05106745DE This special tournament group offer includes a discounted rate beginning at $99 for a Palm Room with one King Bed or Two Double Beds accommodation, Pool View Palm King or Two Doubles for $109.; or the Suites are $129 and full breakfast buffet for two is included in all room types.
The Wyndham Hotel is a full service hotel in the heart of Boca Raton, adjacent to world class shopping and dining. All 184 sophisticated guest rooms and suites offer private balconies, pillow top mattresses, and luxurious rich linens, comforters/duvets. All rooms are equipped with top modern amenities including flat screen HD TV, Wyndham MP3 player, Wyndham coffeemaker featuring Wolfgang Puck coffee, in room safes and Moen shower heads. Complimentary WiFi and 24 Hour Complimentary Fitness & Business Lounge, free parking. Outdoor amenities include tropical resort pool, cabanas, whirlpool.
Located in the hotel is the Zagat-rated nationally acclaimed restaurant, RED , the steakhouse featuring prime steaks, gourmet dining and an outstanding wine list. For more informal dining, we feature Rosso, Italia, with inventive Italian cuisine and delightful desserts. If you have any questions about the Wyndham Boca Raton or the area, please give us a call or e-mail us. We look forward to you visiting and staying at the Wyndham Boca Raton. You may reserve your stay by booking online, calling reservations at 1-877-999-3223 or call the hotel directly at 1-561-368-5200.
It is normally humid and hot in Florida this time of year – Please remember to drink plenty of liquids before, during and after practice and match play. Many players cool down by bringing coolers with ice and a towel to soak their heads.